SCIentific RESearch and Information Technology
Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologie dell'Informazione
SCIRES-IT, e-ISSN 2239-4303, provides a forum for the exchange and sharing of know-how in the areas of Digitalization and Multimedia Technologies and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in support of Cultural and environmental Heritage (CH) documentation, preservation and fruition. It publishes comprehensive reviews on specific fields, regular research papers and short communications in a timely fashion. The Journal aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental results and theoretical work in a comprehensive way. Restrictions on the length of papers is negotiable with the Editors. There are, in addition, other features that this Journal encourages:
Electronic files regarding the full details of theoretical derivations, detailed experimental results, high-resolution renderings, short video animations and audio/video documentaries can be deposited as supplementary material to support the article.
- Multimedia Digital Libraries
- Multimedia, Data Management and Archiving
- Portals and Digital Libraries of Culture
- 2D and 3D Data Acquisition/Capture Methodologies and Data Processing in CH
- 2D and 3D Data Processing in CH
- ICT assistance in monitoring and restoration
- On-site and remotely acquired digital data
- GIS in Cultural Heritage and for the environment
- Remote Sensing for Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Management & Monitoring
- Reproduction Techniques and Rapid Prototyping in CH
- Visualization Techniques (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
- Virtual Museum Applications (e-Museums and e-Exhibitions)
- Virtual Documentation of Archaeological Excavations
- e-Libraries and e-Archives in Cultural Heritage
- Construction and indexing of large scale Multimedia/Multilingual databases
- Computer Animation for CH Applications and Virtual Heritage
- Non-Photorealistic Rendering of CH Data
- Novel Internet-based Cultural Heritage Applications
- Long term availability of content and its long term accessibility
- Effective Technologies for the creation, management and reuse of content and knowledge
- Tools for Education, Documentation and Training in CH
- Archaeological Analysis and Interpretive Design
- Standards, Metadata, Ontologies and Semantic Processing in Cultural Heritage
- Authentication, Accreditation and Digital Rights Management
- Legal issues: Water-Marking, Orphan Works, Copyrights and IPR
- Professional and Ethical Guidelines
- The Economics of Cultural Informatics and Tourism
Section on Book Reviews: Please send your book reviews to: email@example.com
SCIRES-IT (e-ISSN 2239-4303) is an Open Access journal providing an international forum for the exchange and sharing of know-how in the areas of Digitalization and Multimedia Technologies and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in support of Cultural and environmental Heritage (CH) documentation, preservation and fruition.
SCIRES-IT is published by "CASPUR-CIBER Publishing. Pubblicazioni ecosostenibili".
It is available online on a semi-annual basis and it is a peer-reviewed journal.
There will be sections & special Issues.
Papers should be submitted electronically via online submission or via email to the Editor in Chief or Executive Managing Editor in DOC, PDF, RTF or LaTex format, including a cover sheet containing corresponding author's name, affiliation, mailing address, phone, fax number, email address. Here you can download the template.
Publication in SCIRES-IT is free of charge. The submitted papers are accepted in either English or Italian or in both languages. They should describe original research not published nor currently under review by other journals. Parallel submissions will not be accepted.
All the papers in the SCIRES-IT are refereed papers by three international reviewers.
The decision about any submitted paper will be taken within two to four months of receipt.